Recipe of the Week
Instant Pot Braised Spiced Beef
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: 8 people
255Kcal, 36g Protein, 5.5g Carbs, 10g Fats
- 13-pound chuck roast, beef shank, or brisket, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained.
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo (from 1 can), finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Brown the beef in the instant pot on the SAUTE function and then remove the plate.
- Saute the onions and garlic and add spices. Turn off the heat and then add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Return the beef to the pot and set it to cook on high for 60 minutes.
- Let the instant pot do a natural release for 10 minutes and then release the valve.
- Take the meat out of the pot and then strain the cooking liquid over the bowl. Discard the solids and pour the strained liquid back to the pot.
- Set the instant pot to SAUTE and let the liquid boil for about 10 minutes and let the liquids boil for about 10 minutes until it reduces by half.
How to serve
The instant pot braised beef is perfect to serve with tacos, rice or veggie bowls. You can also make an enchilada casserole, rolling the meat in corn tortillas and then baking with enchilada sauce.
Another serving idea is to top the beef with sweet potatoes , steamed broccoli and shredded cheese for a twist on loaded baked potatoes.