Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (www.wellplated.com)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- chopped green onions for serving
- prepared brown rice, quinoa, or other whole grain, for serving
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl or larger measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a mesh sieve and into a medium sauce pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water until smooth. Add to the strained cooking liquid, whisk to incorporate, then heat the saucepan, stirring constantly until the sauce bubbles. Continue cooking and stirring until glossy and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken to the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve warm with rice or quinoa, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions as desired.
Calories: 319 kcal