Realfit Recipe of the Week
High Protein Oat Waffles
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Kcal: 121 Calories Protein: 8.5g Carbohydrates: 12g Fats: 4.5g
- ⅔ cup of 4% milk fat small curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 cup oat flour, or blend old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat a waffle iron on its medium setting
- Place cottage cheese, egg yolks, vanilla and sugar, if using a blender. Add 6 tbsp of water, oat flour, baking powder and salt until mixture is a smooth batter. Transfer to a medium bowl using a spatula to get all the batter out.
- Beat the egg white to soft peaks then fold into the batter.
- Spray pre-heated waffle iron with oil spray. Pour batter into iron (about ¼ cup) amd cook until golden brown and steam is no longer being released.