Dale Pinnock and Realfit Recipe – Flu Fighter Soup
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced, skins left on
- 1 punnet of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls of goji berries
- vegetable stock, to cover
- salt and black pepper
- Put the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger in a large saucepan with the olive oil. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms to the pan along with the goji berries. Stir well, then add enough vegetable stock to cover all the ingredients. Simmer well for 10–15 minutes, until the potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the soup to a jug blender in batches, and blend into a smooth, vivid orange, spicy soup.
- ‘Don’t be put off by the goji berries,’ says Dale Pinnock, aka The Medicinal Chef. ‘These sweet treats were once hard to find, and cost the earth, but thankfully they can now be found cheaply in any supermarket.’