Dale Pinnock and Realfit Recipe – Curried Black Bean Soup
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for sautéing, plusextra for drizzling
- 1 large potato, diced
- 400g (14oz) can of blackbeans, drained
- 400ml (14fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon medium currypowder
For the garnish (optional)
Chopped red chilli, diced avocado, black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in a little olive oil (or water), along with a good pinch of salt, for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the potato and black beans and enough vegetable stock to almost cover the ingredients. Simmer for
15 minutes until the potato has softened.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender (or use a stick blender), add the curry powder and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately garnished with a drizzle of olive oil, some chopped red chilli and black pepper, if using.