Realfit Recipe of the Month – Smoked Paprika Paella With Cod And Peas (BBC Good Food)
Prep 15 mins and Cook 40 mins
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 finely chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 100g brown basmati rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable bouillon
- 1 large red pepper- deseeded and chopped
- 1large diced courgette
- 125g frozen peas
- 300g pack skinless cod loins – cut into large chunks
- ⅓ small pack chopped parsley
- ½ lemon – cut into wedges
Protein: 38 g
Carbs: 55 g
Fat: 9 g
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the onion and garlic for a couple of mins to soften.
- Add the rice and spices, stir briefly, then pour in the bouillon and add the pepper. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir in the courgette, cover and cook for 10 mins more.
- Add the peas and cod, cover the pan and cook for 10 mins more until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Toss with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.